Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Does Graffiti art reduce graffiti?

When I read the following article I couldn’t help feeling commissioned graffiti art just adds to the problem. How does a visitor to the area know if the graffiti is commissioned or vandalism?

When I visited Rome a few years ago one thing I noticed was graffiti everywhere. I’d not seen this before and to me, it made me feel the areas with graffiti were potentially rough and unsafe.

I can’t help wondering, “does commissioned graffiti just further encourage vandalism in other areas?”

To the untrained eye, commissioned or non-commissioned graffiti just looks like graffiti.

NILLUMBIK Council will start a street art program this month as part of its efforts to rub out graffiti.... Read More

- Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for help with your computer problem.
Servicing Templestowe, Doncaster, Eltham and the surrounding area.

No comments: